Is Ashwatthama still alive?

garry420

Reaction score
At the end of the battle, Lord Krishna condemns Ashwathama, Dronacharya's son to roam the earth till the end of time for his grave sin of trying to kill the unborn parikshit. Lord Krishna also states that he will eternally feel pain from the wound created where a gem was cut out his forehead. He will be alone, deprived of compassion and will always be deprived of help.
So, on this note,now Ashwathama would be alive somewhere in modern-day India right?
Have there been any recorded sightings of him? Have people seen a man apparently clutching his head and screaming from pain in the jungles?
Please help answer this question.
Thank you very much!

Last edited by a moderator:

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since Vedic literature tells us he is alive, hence we believe he is alive.He has every right to be seen or not seen.

Everyone is free to think he is dead.

even if you see real asvathama, how the can anyone identify him, say he might have tied his head with cloth so that you don't see his wounds.

Even if you genuinely find him how are you going to talk to him , in Sanskrit or sign language .

JaneSmith105

Reaction score
Even I get curious when i hear about such things not only him thou. It is just amazing that a man from dwapara yuga may be still alive seeing through such big time span. Where he is? how he feels? what's he doing? Is he part of the primitive tribes like in andamans etc.? These type of questions naturally crop up in our mind.

Thou I have heard that some trekking guy met a man with dent in his head and when trekker asked for way he simply told showing his hand and when these trekkers looked back this guy was lost, so people presumed him to be Ashwatthama.

But as far as i know not only Ashwatthama is alive, but Guru Bashistha, Viswamitra are also alive.

Guru Bashistha and Viswamitra live in 'Sidhasram' which is very upper shore of himalayas and inaccessible to common man. some spritual leaders reached there. I have read this story and they told to contact Dr Narayan Dutt Srimali's disciples in Jodhpur, INDIA. They will tell all these with evidences.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Mahabharata 0
G Mahabharata 0