Life After Death Explained

Reaction score
Life after death is a topic that divides many religions and cultures. The fear that death strikes in us, and the wonder of being alive are two things which are present in everyone. The mystery surrounding death has been tried to be explained by many scholars, but the irony remains, that you cannot explain clearly until you experience death, and you cannot explain once you experience death. But, our Hindusim has a remarkable explanation for what happens after death and about the cycle of life and death, almost unlike the concepts found in other religious system.

It is said that every deed/action that we perform on this earth leads to the accumulation of 'karma'. This karma is allotted, based on whether the deed was good or bad. When the permitted living time is over, an estimation of a final 'karma' is made for the particular individual, and he/she is reborn on this earth based on his karma. The good deeds lead to positive karma while bad deeds obviously lead to negative karma. The karma from previous lives are almost accumulated throughout the following births. This accumulated karma helps in deciding the status and fate in the next birth. This process continues until the soul attains a stage where only positive karma is there.This particular stage is called 'moksha' or salvation.

It is said that it takes thousands of births for a soul to pass from animals to humans, and it takes even longer for the soul to go from a normal human to a good natured human . Thus, a soul is trapped in this almost never ending to and fro journey between bodies. Only god has the power to make changes in this journey of the soul. The fastest way to attain moksha (or) salvation in this kali yuga , is said to be devotion. Sincere devotion is like a large saw which chops away chunks of bad karma. No amount of temple visits, nor expenses can replace the simple emotion of devotion.

Thus, according to our Hinduism, there definitely is life after death, the only difference is that we consider life and death as a continuous cycle which complement each other. So, every birth is for a new death and every death is for a new life, and hence these terms almost seem meaningless.

JaneSmith105

Reaction score
After death the physical body changes into astral body and depending upon the pava and punya of the person
the astral body goes through various hardships that cannot be under gone in the materialistic world before taking another birth. The soul itself selects the nature of birth . We have come across many incidents where a person is able to recall his previous birth. To avoid the birth death cycle we have been ordained to surrender both good and unavoidable karmas to the Almighty.

Harish

Reaction score
we get moksha only when the positive & negative karmas are balanced, in which case no need to born again which is called Moksha.
The easiest way to attain Moksha is to kill our EGO which means I am not the doer of any karma as it is divine command, I follow in which case no positive/negative karma for which I need to be born. As I am not the doer but God is, God takes all positive negative effects of karmas and my balance is zero-no need to be born but mingles with almighty which salvaion/moksha/nirvana/mukthi

Harish

Reaction score
The balancing of the Karma is conceived by mind (Chit)and to attained Moksha Ego needs to be killed, is understood. The Ego is part of mind (Chit), and as soon the mind goes, the Ego goes, and no killing. The mind, conceive'r of various thoughts when vanish, one attain the highest bliss known as Moksha.