Quotes by Swami Shivananda

JaneSmith105

Reaction score
Brahman is the only real Entity,
Mr. So and So is a false non-entity.
You will abide in eternity and infinity;
You will behold unity in diversity;
You cannot attain this in the university.

Serve, love, give, purify, meditate, realise,
Be good, do good, be kind, be compassionate;
Enquire: "Who am I?" Know the self and be free.

Practice truth, love and purity - This is the foundation of spiritual practice.

Adapt, adjust, accommodate;
Bear insult, bear injury - this is the highest sadhana.

Detach, attach; detach, attach - Detach the mind from objects, Attach it to the Lord.

Nothing exists, nothing belongs to me, I am neither mind nor body, Immortal Self I am.

Work is worship;
Dedicate it to the Lord.

Remember the saints;
Remember the Divine Name.

garry420

Reaction score
Some more famous quotes by Swami Shivananda:
Bhakti is immortalizing nectar; it transmutes a man into divinity. It makes him perfect. It bestows on him everlasting peace and bliss.
O man! Thou art a pilgrim here. Awake, awake. Life is short. Time is fleeting. Go back to your original home of immortal bliss.
"Until and unless Self-realization is attained, Knowledge-Absolute is
gained, there is ever the ebb and flow, the constant see-saw between the animal and the man in every human being.
The beast or the brute is never completely absent or overcome except through a final Divinization of the individual."
Who is a Saint? He who lives in God or the Eternal, who is free from egoism, likes and dislikes, selfishness, vanity, mine-ness, lust, greed and anger, who is endowed with equal vision, balanced mind, mercy, tolerance, righteousness and cosmic love, and who has divine knowledge, is a saint.
Trust the Divine Grace at every step. Speak to the Lord like a child. Be candid. Open your heart freely to Him. His Grace will at once descend.
Pray faithfully like Prahlada. Sing like Radha. Repeat His name like Valmiki, Tukaram and Tulsidas. Do Kirtana like Gauranga, weep in solitude like Mira Over the separation from the Lord. You will have Darshan of the Lord.
Be kind. Be compassionate. Be honest. Be bold. Be pure. Be wise. Be virtuous. Enquire: "Who am I?" Know the Self and be free.
The end of wisdom is freedom.
The end of culture is perfection.
The end of education is Character.
The end of knowledge is love.
That eye alone is the real eye, which sees God in every thing.