YOGA AND SCIENCE

JaneSmith105

Reaction score
Yoga is the science of dissolution or
descending towards pure consciousness.
Not being conscious of some thing - But being consciousness itself.
Yoga is the science of freeing the self
from subject and object boundaries.
Yoga means a total science of man.
It is not simply a religion.
It is the total science of man.
A total transcendence - from part - you
become whole.
Yoga is the science of transcending-anarchy-
the science
of making your consciousness whole.
Yoga is becoming a bridge
between
Science and Religion.
It is a common ground.
Yoga is the science of discovering your self
from subject and object boundaries.
The end and the beginning are the same.
Silence is the beginning and Silence
is the end.
Silence is the whole fabric of existence.
Sound is mind.
Silence is made of Sound and Science.
Yoga is a science of discovery
and every other science
is
a science or invention.

When a child becomes a man and enters into a realm of consciousness, he finds himself drifting in an ocean of thoughts, shakti (power) and multitudes of micro-organisms. He is baffled by the mayaic (illusory) facet of nature and the desire to unlock the mystery becomes the driving force of his life. The two obstacles which thwart his efforts are - lack of direction and the right medium. His journey from infancy to adulthood , was purely sponsored by his family and society. But the world of adulthood does not give him support , so alone, he sets out to carve his own destiny.

'Destruction and 'Resurgence' the two contradictory phenomena which are figuratively speaking, like the two petals of a lotus arouse his intellectual curiosity, and he wants to go to the very root of the stem, even beyond its marshy bottom.

Bramhand, in totality exists in the micro. Man in his ignorance desperately wants to discover it in the visible physical world. At the end of day, worn out by his long fruitless search, he finds himself on the extreme end of life’s shore. When a man's energies are on the decline, the desire to fulfil the true aim of his birth suddenly surfaces. But time refuses to compromise, and the late awakening only stabs him with feelings of regret and repentance.

Birth and Death represent the bitter truth of human life. Jeeva can partake of the fruits of his sanskaras in due course. The bondage of life and death, is created by karmas, however, the yogis of high order who have mastered the five elements are beyond the reach of death.

The human body, which is made out of five elements, is nurtured by the life giving light of the soul. This light charges the cells of the human body with energy and helps the various organs to function. Through the medium of yoga, a human being can realise his spiritual potential which in turn, can enable him to survey the entire creation through the dissemination of micro spiritual rays. He can even communicate with another human being through the medium of thought vibrations. Thought vibrations also help in the character assessment of a total stranger.

The wealth of entire Bramhand exists within the human body. An aspirant of Yoga and spiritualism after realising this hidden wealth, can perform feats of impossible nature. Yogis residing in the Himalayas often communicate with each other through this medium, with remarkable effectiveness. I have often used this medium to establish contact with my Gurus Baba Gorakhnathji and Hari Baba. Many a times I have successfully communicated my messages from Pindari glacier to the residents of Khati village to send a supply of the days needs.

Thought vibrations utilise the waves of light which are present in space for sending these messages. These thought vibrations are endowed with infinite potential. Scientists can achieve a lot provided they give due attention to the infinite capabilities of this paranormal phenomenon. Even an ordinary man can make use of this unique faculty in routine affairs of his life. Only the incumbent needs to know when to make use of this faculty and towards which direction. Hence time and direction are important factors for successful communication. The direction of the rays of the sun - whether it is northwards, southwards, eastwards or westwards, should be located. The location of the person with whom the contact has to be established should be in harmony with the direction of the suns rays. In this way, thought vibration can be communicated. In the eastern and northern region of the Himalayas the use of thought vibration as a mode of communication is a common practise. Men who make use of this faculty are known as 'devtas' or demigods. These men lead a simple life devoid of any fan fare. A quiet posture of concentration, totally absorbed in sadhana (practice) gives them the air of any extraordinary beings. Modern rationalists would, perhaps laugh scornfully at this statement, but my personal experience tells a different story. These men excel in the art of concentration of their thoughts, which produce the desired results.

The 'life giving' light of the 'sun' helps in the creation of cells which run the machinery of the physical world. Similarly, the light of the soul gives energy continuously to the inner-self so that it may remain active and awake. This light of a wondrous nature, maintains the cycle of life. Sometimes, the inner light projects confused patterns and creates a state of dilemma and forces man, to wonder of its source. He is unable to pin point the source - whether it is in the heart, mind or the navel centre.

The importance of the left side of the heart has always been stressed by the medical scientists. But, I have many a times experienced that the right side of the heart is of a greater importance - Its contribution towards spiritual achievements is of a rare nature. In fact, the source of the nerves which energises the brain, lies in the left and right side of the medulla or the Sushamma spinal cord.

Yogi propounds a disciplined way of life, the human body thereby learns to function accordingly. It teaches the mind to move towards the goal of life. The teachings follow the natural discipline which help the aspirant to lead a healthy and a successful life yoga can be looked upon as an experiment. In yoga, thought. feeling and syllable, have an important place. Thought stands for motion or speed, feeling stands for creation and pronunciation of a syllable signify expression. All three are instrumental in recognising the natural discipline of the body which is in harmony with nature's order. This unique harmony with the cosmic order enable the yogi to cognise the varied activities of the space. Thus, armed with the knowledge of the mysterious activities of the space, the yogi is captured by the divine bliss, can move freely on earth, as well as in the space. He dwells in the celestial inner realm, and enjoys its supreme bliss. In this context he can be termed as a Bhogi (the enjoyer) and the Bhogta (the enjoyed). This stage of supreme bliss or Param-Anand he obtains by invoking the Kundalini (the serpent power) which is dormant within his body. The spiritual awakening, in a man denotes the awakening of his Kundalini. This spiritual energy leads the yogi upwards and releases him from the bondage of mortality. There after, the 'yogi becomes well versed in the creative potential of the five element and can unravel the mysterious movements of nature, But this yogic Kriya or act should be performed in an extremely careful manner. The slightest flaw in this act can lead to a dangerous state. The danger is present in the rays of the light which become inflamed if there is even a minuscule error in the yogic act. With the result that the affected organ either gets burnt or stops functioning. And the aspirant could become almost insane.

Normally, the even diffusion of natural light is not harmful. Similarly, the emission of inner light is extremely beneficial for the human body. This inner energy keeps the body animated and prevents its from decay and destruction. Even the physical eyes, cannot lure the inner eyes to fall in the trap of worldly temptations. This inner energy cannot be swayed by outward forces. The diffusion of X-rays is neither too helpful nor too dangerous on the human body. It only makes the human being restless.

But, the radioactive rays, on the contrary, are extremely dangerous to all forms of living entities. These rays destroy the cells of the body and make it white. While practising yoga, the aspirant treats his body as a laboratory. Therefore, he should proceed with outmost caution. It has been observed that, if there is a little carelessness in the yogic act the Aapana air while moving upwards gets disturbed, and in this process, radio active rays are generated. A slight leakage from the Sushamna nerve can cause immeasurable damage to the human body. The upwards journey, and concentration, can make a man sharply aware of the movement of Aapana and Prana. A man can experience hot and cold sensations at the Navel point if he willingly forces Aapana air to travel upwards, If the hot sensation has the upper hand, and it remains for a longer time, it turns into a green light of an inflammable nature. This green light is highly volatile and if the yogi can gradually monitor it upwards and blend it with Prana, he can achieve the supreme spiritual bliss. There after, his life becomes saturated with the heavenly nectar.

JaneSmith105

Reaction score
Just as a student of science uses different apparatus to carry out a variety of experiments in order to achieve the right result, like wise, the student of spiritual science needs to have an in depth knowledge of micro nerves, arteries, the five pranas (life forces), the chakras and finally the subtle way of using them in various plus (+) and (-) minus combination without this knowledge he can not experiment on this body, (which is the laboratory). Yoga is a science, and the human body is like a book. The theme of the book is the soul. And the sutras which can unlock the potential of the human body are present in this book. An extensive study of the sutras can enable a man to understand the intricacies of his body.`

These sutras or formulas prove the amazing potential of the human body. The knowledge of the astral science or Suksma can be obtained with the help of these sutras. When the student of spiritual science wants to detach himself from his body he has to go through the stages of addition (+) and subtraction (-) During this transition he puts his senses to sleep and his intellect prana ego, and chitta budhi, all are transformed in the astral form. He, thus finds himself in a new astral mould. In conclusion we can say that man is not exclusively dependent on the human body to exercise his faculties, he can at his free will don a different attire. His physical frame is one of his attires. 'Man' always says that I have assumed this bodily frame to enjoy my Karmas and fulfil my needs. 'I am' the master of this body, and the function of its different parts depend on the dictates of my mind. I have to monitor the movement of my body with my mind. Though I am not enslaved to my body, yet due to ignorance ' I ' am considered as the slave of the body. I reside in Buddhi - intellect, and display my ego. I dwell in my 'Chitta'. All these characteristics reflect me. And yoga is the only unique tool which can separate the 'I' from the body in different permutations and combinations.

The following example can explain my statement in a simpler manner an unexpected bout of depression, sometimes makes a man feel listless. And the remedy of this malaise lies in the 'Yoga'. 'Yoga' helps in restoring the high spirits by detaching the mind from the gross world and re-attaching it to the 'Buddhi' (intellect). There after, "Buddhi" or the intellect analyses the cause of the depression, establishes its contact with the inner world and restores the high spirits. Similarly Buddhi cannot take any decision independently. It has to travel through various stages in order to reach to a final decision. First it moves through the mandals of ego and attaches itself to Chitta secondly it absorbs the messages which generate from the inner-self. And lastly it communicates these messages to the mind.

Algebraic equations, as we have seen, help the student of Mathematics in solving difficult mathematical problems. Like wise, a yogi also has yoga sutras which help him in probing the mystery of the inner-self. First the yogi conquers the body with the yogic sutras, and then he gradually starts tapping the divine potential which is lying dormant within him. An intense and patient research of his self, finally bears fruit in the form of the discovery of 'I' . This realisation of 'I' helps in the cognition of Brahma and Shristi (creation). The revelation of cosmos and how it was created by the supreme intelligence, becomes clear to him. It no longer remains a matter of nebulous fantasy, but a well balanced equation which is based on the tantra nerves.

A self illumined yogi can enlarge the seeds of his sanskaras and gain information about his past lifetimes. 'Sanskaras' are not destroyed with the mortal, but nevertheless remain with the Atma or the Soul. When the light of self realisation falls on the repository of past sanskaras it becomes illuminated and the entire history of the yogi's previous births is unfolded before him

The union of Ira, Pingla and Sushamna - the three principal nerve currents is situated between the eye brows. The light first travels through this vital spot and then inhabit the sukshma mandals, which are also present in the Kapal or the temple. It appears in the form of a luminous streak, almost like a crack, in the suskmna mandals.

Hence onwards the enlightened yogi can control the movement of this light through the Sankalpa Shakti. These physical as well as suksmna activities are, thereafter monitored via the medium of inner-self. (mind, Budhi, Chitta and ego). When the yogi begins to control the suksmna activities one by one, the difference between the gross and the suksmna ceases.

Moreover, when the thought vibrations of the yogi fall on the astral plane then the astral which is akin to gross, reveals its Virat form and opens its doors to him. There upon, the yogi, can transmit his thought vibrations to any planet of the innumerable galaxies and explore it minutely. The same rays can liberate the soul when they fall on the zone of Mukti or liberation. As a result the Jiva-atma, realises the self.

Immersed in the inner self - a yogi can bring to light the seeds of his sanskaras by enlarging them. This process gives him information of his previous births in an incredible vividness, sanskaras remain with the Jivatma even in its astral existence. Thus the Jiva-atma cannot free itself from the Karmic bondage. It has to go through the roles of Karta (doer) and Bhogta. When this divine light falls on this Karmic well, it illuminates the total past karmas. In this way the yogi can recapture his previous births.

Via: Pilot Baba