Non Hindus not allowed in Indian Temples?

jitendra05

Reaction score
Is it correct that non-Hindus are not allowed in parts of southern India? If yes then why? Or is this just a rumor? Please share your answer to clearify this question? Because i believe there is no such rule in any part of India.

Harish

Reaction score
It is not true, we hindus welcome all religions to our temples.In Hyderabad Vinayaka Chavithi is celebrated by both hindus and muslims.Except in Sabarimala temple only males are allowed not females but all religions are welcome.In south, hindus often visit church or Masjid.We hindus dont have any religious feelings.

paul linus

Reaction score
As far as I know there is a temple in Guruvayur town of Kerala where non-Hindus are not allowed. It is a Krishna temple and men need to wear a mundu instead of shirt to enter. Women need to be in sarees and girls are to wear a skirt and blouse.

Harish

Reaction score
I am hearing for the first time in India where non-Hindus are not allowed .Thanks for sharing.Why they are not allowed? Does it hold any historical significance? They are some places in India where even Hindus are not allowed if they don't wear traditional dress on special occassion,they are sent back.Example is Hyderabad,On Shivaratri ,both men and women should wear traditional dress to enter temple.