Quality of a true Devotee

JaneSmith105

Reaction score
Swapach Valmiki – Incarnation of King Yama the God of Death.

From Jaimini Ashwamed Parv by Vyasji – In Ashwamedha Yagya performed by King Yudhistar, Sri Krishna bhagwan kept a counsel which would blow automatically when the yagya gets over perfectly. Yagya was over, ceremony bath was over but the counsel never blew, Yudhistar Mahraj got a bit upset & asked God what’s the reason for the counsel to not blow, did we missed on some ceremony? A saintly Nishkam/desire less, no attitude at all, such a person was not fed in this Yagya due to which the yagya is not over, such a saintly person is impossible to find said Yudhistar Mahraj. There is one such devotee in your kingdom of Indraprast whose name is Swapach Valmiki please feed him & your yagya would get over.

Arjuna & Bhima were send to get this devotee, they entered a place filled with Chandals who were use to collect garbage & eat only the left out by others, out here they came to a pure satvik house which was wiped with Gobar & Tulsi maharani all around, they saw a saint doing kirtan inside a room which was fully wet with the tears flowing from Swapach Valmiki who was crying in love for God. Bhima & Arjuna filled with spiritual bliss, felt spiritual vibrations, they Showed respect & invited him for a feast tomorrow, Sri Krishna invited you! we shall come to pick you up tomorrow. No! He replied, I am from a chandal community who never go for such feast, we only eat the leftover food but because God invited me, I shall be there by myself.

Out here Sri Krishna asked Draupadi to cook the best food for this devotee, Draupadi mata with Subdra mata & other 16,108 wives of Sri Krishna started cooking many dishes of sweets, spicy, bitter food, etc because the devote respected by Sri Krishna should be having some extra ordinary qualities. Devotee arrived, Pranam to everybody. Food was been served, seeing so much of food he said I cant eat all this food but serve me little from all the dishes, he offered food to God in his mind, food turns to prashadam, he mixed up all food & started eating, the Counsel blew & stopped at once. Why it did not blew completely? Inquired Yudhistar mahraj. Sri Krishna said - something is going on in someone’s mind against this devotee Sri Swapach Valmiki. Draupadi replied - yes Bhagwan, I was thinking about the food I prepared with so much efforts & to hear from this devotee about the taste & whatever he feels tasty I can serve that food more, but he mixed all food, all taste at once, sweet, bitter, spicy etc. So I got a thought he is a Swapach due to which he cant get rid of his habits of mixing food and to have it, this came in my mind & this made the counsel silent. Sri Krishna said, asked this devotee why did he mixed the food?

Valmikiji replied – Bhogta is Sri Krishna only, now I need not take the taste of any food which is already taken by Sri Krishna, now we need not take taste of those material things but the taste of Sri Krishnas Ardhamrut present in this prashadam. In all varieties of food Gods prashadam is been mixed, I am not taking the taste of food but the taste of Sri Krishna Ardhamrut. If I do not mix the food this way, I would never get the taste of Ardhamrut & would also insult this prashadam. Insult how? If I liked your kheer/sweet rice & asked you to serve more of kheer then the other varieties of food which is also Prashadam which I do not eat would be an insult, just for the sake of taste I cannot ignore some food & eat other food. It is God who should be fed with such tasty food & we should search for ARDHAMRUT/Taste in that prashad been served. Draupadi accepted what Valmikiji said & later the counsel started blowing making the yagya successful.

Even the Brahmana chants a Vedic verse before eating Prashadam–Anam Brahmo Raso Vishnu bhogta devo janardhana
evam dhaytayato yoghumte anaya doshe nalipyate
Those who meditate this & eat they are sin free from eating food, It means Food is Brahma/God, Taste is Vishnu & bhogta/deserver is also God. We are just taking prashadam & not food & with such feelings we can get rid from sin even from food which we often have for the sake of taste.

||Param Pujya Sri Rajendraji Maharaj||
||HaRe KriShnA||