Sanatana, or Santosha

JaneSmith105

Reaction score
Sanatana, or Santosha as he was named at birth, was born in Jessore in East Bengal (present-day Bangladesh) in 1488 as the son of Mukunda, the private secretary of the Sultan of Bengal, Jalaluddin Fateh Shah (ruled 1481-1487 CE). Sanatana was the eldest son of Mukunda, and his younger brothers were Amara (Rupa Goswami) and Srivallabha (Anupama).

Sanatan Goswami had millions of earning/Gold few years back one day left everything in search of GOD. He accepted Vanrashram. Started his life at Vrindavan, he use to travel for Madhukari/food once a month from Vrindavan to Mathura by foot, get a dry roti/bread & come to Vrindavan dig it at the banks of river Yamuna, chants for 22 hours a day & when hungry use to remove that bread/roti, dip it in yamunaji & just take a bite from it. This was the only food he use to eat in 24 hours.

Once he went for madhukari & stood at a ladys house sees a beautifull deity named Madan Mohanji (Presently this deity is at Karoli, was hidden because of Aurangzebs fear, deity is Syambhu/Original manifiested, not been carved or man made). He didn't asked for any food, just stood & saw Madanji for hours, next day he came once again & the lady said. Please dont fall for him, he already took everything from me & now he wont leave you, I am alone now & Goswamiji replied, even I left everything for him, no matter whatever happens now I wont leave him. The lady asked goswamiji to take the deity, MADANJI JUMPED IN GOSWAMIJIS ARM's
:) How Cute. Goswamiji took him to his Aditya kutia Hut at Vrindavan. He stopped asking for Bread/roti in madhukari & asked for little dough since then, he made rotis for Madaniji & made him eat with his own hands & Madanji ate all the food as shown in the picture. People says bhagwan Khate nahi hai, If some1 got a feelings like Goswamiji, Namdevji etc Bhagwan kyu nahi khayege?

One day Mohanji said, Baba you make food for me with love but I want to eat sabji/gravy & I understand your situation but you can atleast add Salt in the Vati/roti that you make for me. Goswamiji started getting little salt & made him eat, now mohanji got little taste. Mohanji said, Baba now I get little taste but without ghee this vati gets stuck in my neck. Babji said - Yep I undertood you are 1 no ka naughty/Badmash thakur, now you ask for ghee, later malpua, sweets, Kheer. I am a Virakt/one who sacrificed everything for God. I wont get time for my chanting etc if I started making all these delicious varities for you. Mohanji said - I would call a Yajman/some business man if you want me to. The same day a Boat filled with Saindhov Salt/Lahori Namak got stuck near Aditya Tila. This business man was feared because there were looters in those days, Mohanji takes a form of a Gopa & goes to this business man & asks to meet Goswamiji for help, goes & meets babaji, babaji says the one who made this leelas would answer him & not me, seeing Mohanjis deity his eyes gets filled with love & did a Sankalp/Oath. I would build a temple for this Thakurji if my salt is been sold & later leaves. The boat comes out automatically because this was Mohanjis leela. Reaches Agra Mandi to sell his product, he noticed the Saindhav Salt turned to the best quality KAPOOR/Camphor which is more expensive than salt. He earned a lot & made a beautifull temple in Vrindavan. Babaji said now you enjoy your chapan bhoag & I would leave.

Temple located near the Kali Ghat was built by Kapur Ram Das of Multan. This is the oldest temple in Vrindavan. The temple is closely associated with the saint Chaitanya Mahaprabhu . The original image of Lord Madan Gopal was shifted from the shrine to Karauli in Rajasthan for safe keeping during Aurangzeb’s rule. Today, a replica of the image is worshiped at the temple.

Hare Krishna.