Swami Haridas

JaneSmith105

Reaction score
Date of Birth - 1480 in Rajpur, near Brindavan.
Father's name - Gangadhar
Mother's name - Chitra Devi.
Death - 1575 on this birth of his life
Divine soul, teacher/guru of Tansen & Birjoo Bawars the inventor of Draupad Dhamar in sangeet/music, Haridasji use to Offer chappan bhoga to his thakurji & distribute all offered food/prashad to monkeys, fish, birds etc. Great King Like Akbar were eager to meet Haridasji, he was such a wonderfull Singer who made Gandharvas (Celestial singers) feel like a drop in the ocean of haridasjis sangeet.
One day Akbar asked Tansen to meet his Guru Haridasji, he said you need to come like a Virakht, hold my tanpura & follow me, Akbar comes to Thakurjis temple & Tansen started singing a song & purposly made a mistake while singing for his Guru Haridasji to sing. When Haridasji sunged his beautifull voice impressed King Akbar so much that with joy he said Wah! Wah! Haridasji asked who is this doing wa, wa in front of Thakurji?
King Akbar, later Akbar asked tansen why dnt I get those feelings that I got the feelings in your Gurus song?
Replied - Shehanshah Akbar I sing for you & My Guru sings for the Shehanshah of all The Shehanshah & this makes a lot of diffrence. This Thakurji is the King of Vrajbhumi dhama named BAKE BIHARIJI, one day Haridasji saw tears in Biharjis eyes & asked the reason for his tears? He replied - You make me eat chappan bhoga & you eat little food, haridasji replied these all bhogas are made just for you & not a Virakth like me, next day he made a Roti/bread, prepared chappan bhoga for Thakurji & after offering he use to move this dry bread on Thakurjis face 7 times, later he had food. The reason he did that because many came to take darshan of Biharji & kiseki Nazar na lag jaye, he use to take all those nazar in his bread & eat it.

Swami Haridas( Nimbarka Sampradaya) established Banke Bihari Temple, He was a contemporary of the six Gosvamis. It is said that he discovered the Banke Bihari deity at Nidhivana, sometime in the 16th century. In 1864 Banke Bihari was moved here and at that time the temple was also being constructed . Originally Banke Bihariji was worshiped alone. Later a small deity of Radharani was added. This Temple was very close to the Nidivana temple in India

Hare Krishna.