Is India a Hindu country?

sameer

Reaction score
Since majority of population in India is Hindu and partition of India in 1947 was based on religion now Is India a Hindu country?

Last edited by a moderator:

jitendra05

Reaction score
If you ask me then i will say in a very simple word "YES". India is a Hindu country like US, England, or France are Christian nations. But our government is not based on religion. Indian constitution provides equal right to all the citizans of India whether they are muslim, christian or belongs to any religion. That is why India is called the nation of diversity. And we feel proud to be a part of this great nation.

paul linus

Reaction score
If you ask me then i will say in a very simple word "YES". India is a Hindu country like US, England, or France are Christian nations. But our government is not based on religion. Indian constitution provides equal right to all the citizans of India whether they are muslim, christian or belongs to any religion. That is why India is called the nation of diversity. And we feel proud to be a part of this great nation.
Even though this is true but still we can't call it a Hindu country. Those we follow Hinduism should not tell like 'this is mine (yeh mera hae).' For ages people of Sanatan dharma is taught like 'this is our (yeh hamara hae).' So India is the land of all irrespective of religion.

Harish

Reaction score
Off course India is Hindu country but it is land of different rich culture,religions and traditions. Here almost every religion people exists,in India we have such freedom.We respect all religions and live like brotherhood.Major Hindu population you will find in India.We follow secularism.