Bharat As The King

garry420

Reaction score
SEEKING CORONATION OF BHARAT
The sages Vashishta, Vamdeo and all the others ministers decided to enthrone Bharat as the king, choosing an auspicious day for this occasion.

Vashishth preached Bharat who had still not overcome his sorrows after the death of his father and departure of Sri Ramaa, Laxmana and Sita into exile.

SAGE VASHISHTH’S DISCOURSE

Sage Vashishth then advised Bharat to accept the throne as per the last wish of Dasharath. He said- "Your acceptance of the throne would help you in attaining fame. This news would even make Sri Rama, Laxman and Sita glad. Even Kaushalya would be pleased."

Mother Kaushalya and all the other ministers also requested Bharat to accept the throne.

Bharat then said with his folded hands-"How can I go against your wish- against the wished of my preceptor Vashishth and all the honourable ministers. I know that your advice is virtuous and right but still I don’t know why there is a kind of dissatisfaction.

Then Bharat expressed his desire of seeing Sri Rama. He said- "My heart would keep on burning till I see Sri Rama. I have decided to proceed with the purpose of seeing Sri Rama tomorrow in the morning.